Scientific and innovative activities of VSTU as a flagship university are aimed at breakthrough projects that provide modernization and enhancement of innovative potential of the regional industrial and agricultural sectors.
The university conducts scientific research of fundamental and applied nature in the following priority areas within the Strategy of Social and Economic Development of Voronezh Region:
- New materials and coatings;
- Resource and energy efficiency technologies;
- Ecology. New technologies of waste disposal and water purifying;
- Affordable housing, construction technology and housing and utilities. Construction of cheap housing from composite and organic materials. Heat pumps;
- Electronic technologies and robotics. Microrobots, design of unique electronic devices;
- Transport technologies and road construction. New technologies of highway construction;
- Engineering. Technologies of aviation and space engineering.