The faculty of Radio Engineering and Electronics was established in 1961. Academic programs of the faculty are based on the latest developments in mathematics, physics, computer science and technology. The education cycle includes all-around training in computing technology. Students study programming in high-level languages and develop new skills to work with the latest application software for modeling and study of wireless devices and systems. The faculty of Radio Engineering and Electronics of VSTU is comprised of more than 200 staff members among which a RAS academician, more than 40 professors, doctors of science, more than 80 docents, candidates of science. Many of the lecturers are members of industry academies and academic communities.
On the faculty of Radio Engineering and Electronics you can find:
- some of the best scientists and lecturers of VSTU (more than a third of all Professors of the university);
- opportunities to undergo training at Military Training Center (MTC), Military Department and become an officer;
- opportunity to receive the maximum amount of scholarship (up to 15750 rubles per month);
- scientific schools of Professors Kanevskiy Z.M., Postnikov V.S. and academic Ievlev V.M. for conduction of research work.
- expensive (value over 200 mln. rub.) state-of-the-art equipment from USA, Germany, Switzerland and Russia, which is located in the Center for Collective Use of Scientific Equipment
- opportunity to participate in an international (USA, Germany, France, Switzerland and other countries) science and technology conference or internship;
- the best place for development of students’ talents (students of the faculty are leaders of amateur performances of the university), engagement in sports activities
Modern lifestyle requires more advanced communication equipment. On a path from a very simple receiving set to highly sophisticated radar and navigation systems humankind does not intend to rest on its laurels. As a consequence, there is an increased need for graduates of the faculty of radio engineering and electronics. Here we offer trainings that are in demand in the labor market.
Graduates of the faculty are valued experts in scientific organizations, production plants, the Big Three of mobile operators (Beeline, МТS, Megafon), FSB, МOI, Russian and foreign commercial companies, financial and government authorities.
The Department of Semiconductor Electronics and Nanoelectronics
The Department of Radio Engineering
The Department of Construction and Production of Radio Equipment
The Department of Radio-electronic Devices and Systems
The Department of Solid-state Physics
The Department of Physics
Laboratory training center of Physics
The Department of System Analysis and Control of Medical Systems
The Department of Photonics
The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology of Materials
394066 Voronezh, Moskovsky av., 179, building 3, room 419